Well, I ran out of spaghetti sauce again and after making it so cheaply I can't make myself buy a $2 jar of Prego spaghetti sauce ( Justin is allergic to the cheap stuff so Prego is all he can eat now that's bottled). So as I was walking around in Sam's Club ( LOVE that store) I found humungo cans of tomato sauce and tomato paste. The sauce cost me 2.88 each and the paste was 4.??. Way cheap! We go through spaghetti sauce like no other so it makes since to my family to just freeze it and thaw it out when you need it. So, I bought 3 cans of sauce and 2 cans of paste and went to work making my concoction.
2 cans of tomato sauce
1 can tomato paste
Italian seasoning to taste
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
All this made 9 half gallon bags of spaghetti sauce which will last me for about 3 months again. Yes, I'm in so much trouble when my boys get to be teenagers.
Making this was so dang fast and easy that I think I'll be making my own spaghetti sauce for years to come. I also added the sauce to my homemade lasagna today too. It was so good!! I like to think I'm an awesome cook! Beep, Beep, Beep!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment