I've always loved Christmas Eve. What is it that makes it so special? Maybe the anticipation of Santa coming that night or the family coming over for dinner and visiting? We've always had a party with my family on Christmas Eve and this year we did it the day before, so Nanny brought over our gifts on Christmas Eve and was way to kind and let the boys open their gifts early. They got 2 flashlights and a package of M&M's, punch balls and a slew of batteries. How did she know that my kids run off of those? Ha Ha Ha! Anyway they love flashlights and are always getting Jeromy's work flashlight off the dresser so those flashlights will be a lifesaver. Thanks Mom!
Nanny also wanted to take our new puppy home with her. My mom has wanted a westie for years and here I end up with one first. Sorry mom, you can have the first puppy out of her first liter. I promise!
After dinner since Jeromy worked that day we decided to drive around and see all the pretty lights the neighbors put up and just kill some time before it was bedtime. One of the house's we drove by was the Relief Society 1st counselor's house. Her husband did an awesome job with putting up the lights this year so they decided to enter Clearfield City's Christmas lights contest and they won! They did a ton of lights that blink with music on FM 92.9. I don't know how you'd set it up like that but it was so stinkin cool.
So the boys thought that if they saw a house with blinking lights that it was controlled by the Christmas music playing in the car. Funny kids! Oh the innocence of it all.
Oh how I love Christmas time!


No comments:
Post a Comment