Wednesday, July 6, 2011

I did it!!!!

I know some of you might be able to do this already, but a couple Sundays ago I finally was brave enough to take all of my boys to sacrament by myself!!!  I've been waiting for this day for so long!  I'm so PROUD of myself and the boys!!! When I just had Justin and Dakota to worry about I was able to do it but then when I was pregnant with Jaden and then Brekyn it got harder, so since Jeromy's work schedule doesn't permit him to go to church all the time I've had to take them to church by myself for the past, hmmm, 5 years?  It's been a while.  No big deal anymore to just take them to classes and get them dressed anymore but sacrament, that's a challenge.  I've been taught that you sit still until after the sacrament has been passed and then you can color or do whatever very quietly.  So that's what my boys do.  They have to wait till sacrament has been passed and everyone sits down and then we get out the coloring books and crayons.  Our bishop doesn't like us to bring food to sacrament so the boys go without and our ward is very noisy so it helps with the embarrassing moments when Brekyn wants to get down and move instead of sitting on my lap or right by me.  That too shall pass, right?
I'm so proud of Koda also.  He's the one that wanted to go to sacrament so badly.  Both him and Jaden love to go to sacrament now and are the reason I was brave enough to take them all.  They really are very good boys and very polite when it comes to opening doors and waiting for people to pass through the halls.
It's moments like these that make me feel like they really did listen to what I've been trying to teach them. 
One goal down... several more to go!  Woo hoo! 

No comments: