Thursday, January 20, 2011

Classic Skating

Today was Oquirrh Mountain's family night at Classic Skating in Layton.  The whole family got to skate for free or bring scooters and ride those for free.  It was also only $3 for pirates cove or the bounce houses and laser tag, too!
The boys were so excited to finally get to ride their scooters.

Once I gave the"Go", Justin was out there like he'd been there before.  He did have a couple falls but he was up and going like nothing happened.  He also found his friend Isaac.  He was pretty excited about that.

Jaden and Koda wanted to get out there too but Koda wanted to wait for Justin to stay by him.  Let's just say koda waited for a while because Justin was having fun with his friends and didn't want to stop.  
Jaden wanted me to help him so I pushed him around a time or two.  He was pretty shy around all those people. 

Since Koda wanted to get out there and Justin was having too much fun to stop I coaxed him out on the floor and Jaden wanted to go for another ride too.  As you can tell in Koda's face he really loves and depends on his big brother.  It's a good thing he's forgiving cuz that face makes me so sad.

Pirates Cove is a lot like the kiddie cove at Boondocks.

Silly Justin!

Jaden was having so much fun!

Koda loved it too!

Brekyn had so much fun going up these steps...

And DOWN the slide on his own.

My cute baby man!

Daddy helping Brekyn steer the ship. 
 Thank goodness for daddy!  Brekyn was having so much fun and all over the place.  Jeromy and I took turns on keeping him corralled in pirates cove. 

Justin found another friend from his class.  This is his friend Braxton. 

I thought these would be fun for the boys to have.  They were only $3 and as soon as we got in the car I knew I had made the right decision to get them.
Wanna know why?
Because I just love paying for something that I have to tell them these infamous phrases:
"Turn those off while I'm driving"
"No sword fighting with those in the car"
"Quit hitting your brother"
"Don't make me take those away"

Oh yea, you know you've done this before. 
 You want to get your kids something fun and you know what the outcome will be, but for some reason you forgot the consequences of the last fun gift and now your puting your palm to your forehead.
Saying to yourself, "WHY DID I JUST DO THAT?"
Owell.  No child was hurt during the drive home and on their way into the house or to bed. 
I would call that successful!
Yes, I did the right thing by making my kids very happy even if those light sabers don't last long.  The memory will.

We had a very fun night and the best part of all...  The boys were good and tired when we got home.

Thank you Oquirrh Mountain Charter School once again for being such a fun and awesome school!

No comments: