Sunday, August 29, 2010

Fun at the U-Pick

So on Friday I got this crazy idea that I wanted to be more like Martha Stuart and make my own spaghetti sauce so we headed to the Day farms U-pick to pick our own tomatoes, peppers, and what have ya for spaghetti sauce and salsa. 
It was way dusty and as you can see in the car picture the dust is piled on the car.  The boys had fun picking the vegi's and asking if what they picked was a "good one", then puting it in the box. 


One full to the top box was only $10 and half a box was $5.  It's so worth enduring the dust and picking your own.  Besides, it teaches the kids some great life skills.

I don't know if you can see in any of the pictures but the cloads were so dark and a major storm was coming our way.  We made it out just in time for it to wash our car from all that dust.  Thanks Mother Nature for the free car wash! 


No comments: