Thursday, November 5, 2009

Dakota's not allergic to Peanuts!!!!


Since Justin is allergic to peanuts the doctor has told us to wait to give peanuts to each kid until thier 3 years old. So, since Koda is almost 3 I figured it was safe to try and see if he's allergic to peanuts. One of the things that made me think it was safe was I was eating a candy bar (bad Amber) that had toffee and almonds in it and had left it on the table thinking it was safe from harm. Well, not from my chocoholic kids because Koda saw it sitting there and ate the whole thing. I was really scared for a little bit but the longer he went without a reaction the better I felt. So, I made sure Jeromy was home and that I had Justin's allergy medicine and I gave Koda some popcorn from the Cracker Jack box and no reaction. So, then I figured after no reaction to that I would give him a whole peanut. After two hours of Koda not having a reaction I figured it's safe to say he's not allergic to peanuts. I'm so excited that I don't have to worry about him for any food allergies. Maybe the other two boys will be safe? I guess we'll see when they turn 3.

No comments: