So, the next day after Officer Francom's funeral we went to a charity demolition derby for Officer Francom's family and the officers shot on the Weber Narcotic's team.
It was held at the Golden Spike outdoor arena.
In the middle of winter I never would've thought that it would be such a nice day to hold such an event but it was perfect weather and actually warm.
The perfect day to support those brave officers and their families.
Even Nanny wanted to come.
She loves demo derbies.
All of the drivers donated their time, cars and gas to come from all around the western states.
There were drivers from Utah, Nevada, California, Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado.
It takes a lot of money and time to put a demo derby together and this one took only 2 weeks.
Simply amazing!!!
A lot of the cars where made to look like police cars and some where actual officers that wanted to join just for fun.
I think everyone got sprayed on when this guys water hose burst.
This driver was a Syracuse police officer.
He won the truck heat.
It was his first time ever driving in one of these demo derbies but wanted to help some how and this was his way of helping.
I wish I would've gotten his name when I talked to him but his plaque was pretty cool.
It was in the shape of a police badge.
Here he is on his suburban.
Remind me the next time I want to drive in a demo derby to drive an old suburban.
They hold up better than anything else out there.
We caught 2 prize Frisbees and all four boys got to pick a prize.
I think they left pretty happy.
2 big bags of cotton candy and each had a prize.
What a perfect day at the demo derby.
And we have our winner....
He drove all the way from California!!
All the winners donated their prize money to the cause.
We couldn't have asked for a better sunnier day to support some great officers that put their lives on the line.








No comments:
Post a Comment