Thursday, September 8, 2011

Brekyn's 2, Woo Hoo!! (Jones family)

Brekyn turned 2 last month and I've been so busy with showings and school starting I'm just barely getting to his birthday post.
Sorry buddy!

Happy Birthday to you!

This year we thought it would be fun to have Brekyn's party at Barlow Park.
It was a Sunday and we had it at 7pm which was really nice.  It was cooler in the day and there was hardly anyone at the park.  I also love how the bowery is right by the play ground so you can sit and visit and still keep an eye on the kids.  So nice!

We always make homemade cake or cupcakes for the boys' birthdays because Justin is allergic to most of the store bought ones.  Plus it's just cheaper and still just as good.
I wanted to make Brekyn's cake out of rice crispies but didn't have the time so we did good 'ol cupcakes and ice cream sandwiches instead of ice cream.  It worked out really well for having his party at the park.

My boys LOVE, LOVE my nephew Matt!!  He's so good with the boys and has so much fun playing with them.

Thanks everyone for coming to his birthday party!

So, my family is only a little competitive when it comes to who's the strongest.
It's been a favorite of my nephews and nieces to see if they can beat me in arm wrestling.
Yes, we are civilized people.
My niece Chelsea rodeo's and ropes for he main events.  She also hauls hay and does all that fun stuff included into that sport.  So, can you guess who won our arm wrestle?
ME!!!!  Yeah baby!  That's right!
I DID!!!  It was a good strong arm wrestle against her but Super Mom won in the end.
To tell you the truth I was kinda surprised she didn't win.  She's one tough cookie and doesn't give up.
I guess she's just like her Auntie Amber.

Becca also wanted in on all the fun so she tried so hard to win against Chelsea and I but couldn't make it just yet.
Maybe next year my young grasshopper.
We always have lots of fun at parties.
Gotta love all the family bonding!


No comments: